Hug a Gamer
Hug a Gamer
Hug a Gamer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hug a Gamer

Official Hug a Gamer forum ^-^

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas

Go down 
AuthorMessage
drgnzach
Clan Sargent
Clan Sargent
drgnzach

Male Posts : 76
Gamers Point : 4969

Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 12:56 pm

Another less-than-cheery review by Drgnzach.

I actually really enjoyed F3, I had the immense luck to barrow the GOTY version with all the DLC. In truth, It was so good I would have paid for the DLC if I had to. After I had finished the Main quests I found myself still playing just to explore. Also the Mod-ablity of this game is fantastic. I found myself awe-struck at how a lot of the mods are really good, but fit into the game just right, as if they were put there by Bethedsa themselves. It is actually the first game I have actually reached the level cap. The funny thing is that I wasnt even paying attention to it, its nice to finally see an rpg that you can level up without the repetitive grind that other RPG's are riddled with. The General story-line is pretty good, it made me actually want to take the next quest to see what happens. The charecters are also really awesomely developed. I found President Eden to be a fine antagonist, one that, even though you know he is evil, can convince you that his intentions are pure. Also I like the fact that, unlike other games with Moral choices, the choices arent as clear as they might seem, one of the last choices you have to make is whether or not to put the FEV virus in the project purity to "cleanse the DC area of ghouls and mutants" which seems like a good idea, until you realize that anyone who is not a Enclave descendant is considered a mutant to them. Its not a perfect game, I ended up in a Auto-save death loop plenty of times when the entire city came after me for stealing a fork. Plus the crashes, but they are just minor annoyances.

As for Fallout: New Vegas, it is a prime example of how making a game more complicated does not make a game more immersive, and in cases such as this one, makes it worse. The story line was also horrible, a guy shoots you in the head, rather going about your life as normal, you decide to try and find the guy. I was more focused on the upgrading of the combat eye-bot that you get as a companion than the actual story line, which is never a good sign. Also the quest make you choose what group you want to side with, with no neutral option. Also how in the hell is it evil to kill the ruler of New Vegas so that it can be an independent city? It got my hopes up by saying I was now the leader of a robotic army, but in all actuality, you only see 3 in combat, fighting the enemies that somehow one-hit KO you. Then it dawned on me, I NEVER RAN OUT OF SIMPACKS UNTIL THIS POINT. The game provided no challenge until it drops a ten-ton block of difficulty on you. In short, it was crap. Not complete crap, but still crap.
Back to top Go down

Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hug a Gamer :: Reviews :: PC games-
Jump to: