Hug a Gamer
Hug a Gamer
Hug a Gamer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hug a Gamer

Official Hug a Gamer forum ^-^

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PS3 freeze at certain times..

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tensor
BIG HUGS!
BIG HUGS!
Tensor

Male Posts : 62
Gamers Point : 4968

PS3 freeze at certain times.. Empty
PostSubject: PS3 freeze at certain times..   PS3 freeze at certain times.. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 6:23 pm

Yeah.. It happens sometimes when i play Black Ops, allthough, i know it's a common issue for others as well when playing Black Ops.. But it happens in Angry Birds as well. I've had my playstation 3 for 3-4 years now, is it about to die on me?

What i want to know is if it is a common problem for others as well when playing certain types of games? More importantly.. Is this things that happens when your system is about to die?

Also take into account that i've dragged my PS3 to all sorts of different places, in bags and whatnot so i'm amazed it has survived this long.. But i don't want it to die just yet D:
Back to top Go down
enzer
Clan Lieutenant
Clan Lieutenant
enzer

Male Posts : 104
Gamers Point : 4991

PostSubject: Re: PS3 freeze at certain times..   PS3 freeze at certain times.. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 7:38 pm

I can't say whether or not this is a sign of certain death for a PS3 (as I have never owned and rarely operated one), but it is a possibility. It may just be a cooling issue so if you haven't already, I suggest blowing it out with canned air. You may also want to try opening up the system to clean it out more thoroughly (and as always do this carefully as you don't want to cause any extra damage to the machine). Both my suitemates were having freezing issues (I think) and one had his heatsinks or CPUs replaced or something like that, but the other was under warranty.
Back to top Go down
Tensor
BIG HUGS!
BIG HUGS!
Tensor

PostSubject: Re: PS3 freeze at certain times..   PS3 freeze at certain times.. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 8:44 pm

Thanks alot for your reply. Yeah, i'll try to clean it and see if it works. Did any of your friends do this? And did it work?
Back to top Go down
enzer
Clan Lieutenant
Clan Lieutenant
enzer

PostSubject: Re: PS3 freeze at certain times..   PS3 freeze at certain times.. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:37 pm

You're welcome. I think only one did and it didn't work, the other was under warranty so he just let Sony deal with it. The one that didn't I believe needed a new cell processor or maybe it was just new thermal paste. Either way it cost him a lot less than it would for a new system.

As an aside: it was weird because the people who did it (the nonwarranty PS3 repair) told him he couldn't play for over two hours straight for about a week so the thermal paste could set. I've built a few computers and have never heard that (though I've never worked with a cell processor of course) and I've never had thermal issues. Though that's just a strange aside lol.
Back to top Go down
Tensor
BIG HUGS!
BIG HUGS!
Tensor

PostSubject: Re: PS3 freeze at certain times..   PS3 freeze at certain times.. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 3:53 am

It only happens in certain games.. I think there might be a bug in Angry Birds.. And the same issue has happened in all the PS3 consoles i've played Black Ops on, wich is about 3 others beside of mine.
It haven't freezed when i've played GT5 yet.. So i don't know if it actually is Angry Birds and BO that is causing this due to bugs or the PS3 itself. Indie games such as Angry Birds might cause systems to crash, even Minecraft made a few PC's crash and cause system failures in the start. Black Ops is different tho', but i know they are working on a patch to solve it.

If it gets worse there is no questions to be asked tho'. Either way i'll keep your words in my mind and take a trip to the local game shop to hear what they got to say on it as well. I can't live without my PS3 so i gotta be steps ahead in case everything f**ks up.

If it helps it is the 60 gb version of the PS3.
Back to top Go down
enzer
Clan Lieutenant
Clan Lieutenant
enzer

PostSubject: Re: PS3 freeze at certain times..   PS3 freeze at certain times.. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 12:55 pm

Well if it's only in a couple of games then it does sound more like a programming error than a hardware error, but one can never be sure I suppose. At least with Black Ops you know for sure, but if Angry Birds is the only unexplained issue, then maybe there is a bug in it (or a corrupted file, though usually that would be more noticeable like when computing scores or something, but sometimes it is random, redownloading the game may help). I had Minecraft do terrible things before (when Notch forgot to remove the gamma code, silly him), but I don't think it ever locked up my computer thankfully.

As I said, I don't know much of anything about the PS3 as I don't own one, but it's just a over specialized computer so I can only take what I know of computers and apply it to the console. It definitely would be a good idea to see if they would know or perhaps bring it to the official Sony website (support section and forums), of course an initial search will either get you an answer or force you to question them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 freeze at certain times..   PS3 freeze at certain times.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS3 freeze at certain times..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hug a Gamer :: Off Topic :: Everything Else....-
Jump to: