Hug a Gamer
Hug a Gamer
Hug a Gamer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hug a Gamer

Official Hug a Gamer forum ^-^

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Women in the Gaming Community

Go down 
+3
drgnzach
Tensor
Eyerie91
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyerie91
Hugs for All
Hugs for All
Eyerie91

Female Posts : 45
Gamers Point : 4939

Women in the Gaming Community  Empty
PostSubject: Women in the Gaming Community    Women in the Gaming Community  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 3:59 am

Since this seems to be a very hot issue lately, I figured this would be a nice place to get it all out. Here's my take on it: Women definitely belong in the gaming community. They make up a large percentage of gamers. However, it has come to my attention that there is the issue among women to either join together or become a loner. I myself for the longest time felt like part of the loner crowd. Other girls just seemed to complicate things and split apart the closely knit group of gamers I had, had to rebuild several times. But, I'm also learning that there are girl gamers out there who aren't like that. Please share your thoughts, experiences, criticisms. Whatever you have on the issue, throw it this way! Smile
Back to top Go down
Tensor
BIG HUGS!
BIG HUGS!
Tensor

Male Posts : 62
Gamers Point : 4965

PostSubject: Re: Women in the Gaming Community    Women in the Gaming Community  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 6:33 pm

I've played FPS games with girls. No-one had any special thoughts about it and she enjoyed the time she had in the clan. You jelly?

You only become a loner if you put yourself in that position. Gender has nothing to do with gaming. It all boils down to what your mindset about the subject is.

Also.. I got a question for you: Why do you want to stick with girls instead of being a part of a group/clan that simply just love to play games? Is the difference between males and girls really that different?

If i was you i'd give up on searching for other girls.. I would just play my games, join clans and get to know other girls as they join in on the fun instead of making ''games and girls'' a issue or a hindrance of joy while playing games.
Back to top Go down
drgnzach
Clan Sargent
Clan Sargent
drgnzach

Male Posts : 76
Gamers Point : 4985

PostSubject: Re: Women in the Gaming Community    Women in the Gaming Community  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 3:30 pm

The "OMG IMMA PLAY BLACKOPS TO IMPRESS MY BF" "Girl gamers" are fucking annoying. However, the ones who legitimately play games are pretty fucking awesome.
Back to top Go down
Pepperzz
Hugs
Hugs

Male Posts : 12
Gamers Point : 4832

PostSubject: Re: Women in the Gaming Community    Women in the Gaming Community  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:34 am

Completely agree with Tensor. Smile
Girl gamers I've come across generally stick with a clan/guild/group, you will most probably find, you'll game with a lot more girls within a Gaming Community clan, like hug a gamer, even though it shouldn't matter whom you game with as long as you're having fun.
Back to top Go down
Eyerie91
Hugs for All
Hugs for All
Eyerie91

PostSubject: Re: Women in the Gaming Community    Women in the Gaming Community  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 2:49 am

Tensor wrote:
I've played FPS games with girls. No-one had any special thoughts about it and she enjoyed the time she had in the clan. You jelly?

You only become a loner if you put yourself in that position. Gender has nothing to do with gaming. It all boils down to what your mindset about the subject is.

Also.. I got a question for you: Why do you want to stick with girls instead of being a part of a group/clan that simply just love to play games? Is the difference between males and girls really that different?

If i was you i'd give up on searching for other girls.. I would just play my games, join clans and get to know other girls as they join in on the fun instead of making ''games and girls'' a issue or a hindrance of joy while playing games.

I'm sorry but, I have no idea what you meant when you're asking me if I'm jelly, lol.

What meant by the loner crowd comment is, you play with no mic and form no other communication in order to hide your gender.

To answer you question, I don't want to just stick with girl gamers but there seems to be this rallying mentality forming in the female gamer community. The difference may not matter to some but, it is still there. If a guy is playing with a group of other guys, if he talks no one in the lobby freaks out. That's not the case for a female gamer.

I don't go out searching for other girls. I do just play my games. I'm a leader of a clan, and as I've played I have gotten to know several different girls quite well. It is by no means a hindrance of the joy that gaming brings me.
Back to top Go down
LAWPRE
Clan Corporal
Clan Corporal

Gamers Point : 4912

PostSubject: Re: Women in the Gaming Community    Women in the Gaming Community  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 4:33 pm

I believe that we as a culture are not nearly as enlightened as we would like to believe we are. Also, as most voice programs do not have a record option, it is tough to prove bullying. Look at the Australia case. This is true with school, gaming or whatever. Bullying should not be tolerated but there seems to be little being done about it. Sad((

The same is more true of "ism". Gender, sex, race are just a few of the "ism" that people are trying to erase. However, just ask southern black whether or not they feel they always get equal treatment. It will take time, training and tension but most of the "guys" on the internet or whatever will come around. As far as the rest, IF we ignore, kick out of groups or whatever, they will be isolated enough that they will not have much fun playing and may simply stop. It is not the best solution but it may be the wake up call that they need.
Back to top Go down
Eyerie91
Hugs for All
Hugs for All
Eyerie91

PostSubject: Re: Women in the Gaming Community    Women in the Gaming Community  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 5:42 pm

We've all got to do what we feel is right in this situation.
Back to top Go down
Zeniox
Admin
Admin
Zeniox

Male Posts : 45
Gamers Point : 4935

PostSubject: Re: Women in the Gaming Community    Women in the Gaming Community  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 10:58 am

drgnzach wrote:
The "OMG IMMA PLAY BLACKOPS TO IMPRESS MY BF" "Girl gamers" are fucking annoying. However, the ones who legitimately play games are pretty fucking awesome.

Bro, i could not have said it any better, 1+.
Back to top Go down
Eyerie91
Hugs for All
Hugs for All
Eyerie91

PostSubject: Re: Women in the Gaming Community    Women in the Gaming Community  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 6:14 pm

I have yet to meet a girl like that, and honestly, I hope I never will.
Back to top Go down
jasonh1983
Little Hugs
Little Hugs

Gamers Point : 4724

PostSubject: Re: Women in the Gaming Community    Women in the Gaming Community  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 5:26 pm

I have met my fair share of the female gamers that play to fit in,it is kinda annoying. But I have also met quite a number that are hardcore.
Back to top Go down
Eyerie91
Hugs for All
Hugs for All
Eyerie91

PostSubject: Re: Women in the Gaming Community    Women in the Gaming Community  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 6:18 pm

It's actually kinda sad to hear that there is such a good number of female gamers like that. And now that I'm thinking about it, there are probably even more male gamers who do it. I hate that anyone would feel like they have to do something just to fit in.
Back to top Go down
jasonh1983
Little Hugs
Little Hugs

Gamers Point : 4724

PostSubject: Re: Women in the Gaming Community    Women in the Gaming Community  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 7:13 pm

All in all there are a greater number of pure gamers out there,hard part is sorting them out.
Back to top Go down
Eyerie91
Hugs for All
Hugs for All
Eyerie91

PostSubject: Re: Women in the Gaming Community    Women in the Gaming Community  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 11:18 pm

Very true. I just wish that you didn't have too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Women in the Gaming Community    Women in the Gaming Community  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Women in the Gaming Community
Page 1 of 1