Hug a Gamer
Hug a Gamer
Hug a Gamer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hug a Gamer

Official Hug a Gamer forum ^-^

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"Official" games?

Go down 
+9
CakeWASALie
LAWPRE
Gmrrulzzz
bloodalien
Demented Puppy
enzer
Rollerstarter2
Master G
Dover
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dover
Clan Member
Clan Member

Male Posts : 35
Gamers Point : 4918

"Official" games? Empty
PostSubject: "Official" games?   "Official" games? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 9:36 am

Does the clan have any "official" games where it is active? If so, which ones?
Back to top Go down
Master G
Admin
Admin
Master G

Male Posts : 341
Gamers Point : 15265

"Official" games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Official" games?   "Official" games? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:06 pm

I know for a fact we have people in L4D2 Razz

But as far as MMO there are member wanting to form a Clan in WOW
Back to top Go down
http://www.hugagamer.com
Rollerstarter2
Clan Lieutenant
Clan Lieutenant

Male Posts : 47
Gamers Point : 4936

"Official" games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Official" games?   "Official" games? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 3:42 pm

I play L4D2, MW2 regularly. If you have steam you might want to check the thread and add the people.
Back to top Go down
Dover
Clan Member
Clan Member

Male Posts : 35
Gamers Point : 4918

"Official" games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Official" games?   "Official" games? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 4:15 pm

I do, in fact, have Steam, and am a member of the group on Steam as well. Sadly, I don't have that many Steam-games, and L4D2 (which I have) won't run on my computer, so I don't visit steam that often... Although I am saving up for a better computer, but that's going to take some time...
Back to top Go down
enzer
Clan Lieutenant
Clan Lieutenant
enzer

Male Posts : 104
Gamers Point : 4988

"Official" games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Official" games?   "Official" games? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:17 pm

I am one of those people who play Left 4 Dead 2 and I also play Killing Floor. I have others though if anyone wants to play (the list is extensive), but I generally don't play MMORPGs for too long (and normally would never pay a subscription fee). If you check the steam group (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/hug_a_gamer) then you will see a (hopefully) good representation of what the current members of HGD play (or at least what the steam group members do).
Back to top Go down
Master G
Admin
Admin
Master G

"Official" games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Official" games?   "Official" games? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 2:34 pm

More then likely we are going to have a Clan on Rift as well.
Back to top Go down
Demented Puppy
Clan Member
Clan Member
Demented Puppy

Male Posts : 344
Gamers Point : 5253

"Official" games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Official" games?   "Official" games? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 2:37 pm

yes! soon as it launches.. adn i ahve a monitor.. adn wirelss card.. and new router .. did i mention im going shopping this weekend? Rift realyl looks good.
Back to top Go down
enzer
Clan Lieutenant
Clan Lieutenant
enzer

"Official" games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Official" games?   "Official" games? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 3:58 pm

While Rift looks pretty epic I don't really like subscription fees. At the current rate ($15 US) every 3 and 1/3 months you'll be paying for the game again and if you get the founders plan for 6 months you'll be rebuying the game every 5 months, but you can never drop your subscription if you want to keep the plan. I wouldn't mind if the default was $10 US a month (like APB was when it game out) because then if I get bored of it a few months in, then it doesn't feel like a total waste of money. Blocks of time are the same way, sure I can pay $60 US to play the game for half a year, but will I even want to play it that long? Will I have the time to get my money's worth? That's why I liked the APB system: you bought time which only went down when you were playing the game online in an action district. But that's just me ranting, now back to the topic at hand.

Will we be supporting Brink and Homefront, two games I am definitely looking forward to, but they don't come out until "spring 2011" (according to google) and March 8th 2011, respectively.
Back to top Go down
bloodalien
Hugs
Hugs

Male Posts : 13
Gamers Point : 14902

"Official" games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Official" games?   "Official" games? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 2:19 am

the idea as far as i understand it is to have the clan or clans span all games(or those that we have people that play). I don't know how much of a conventional clan is intended in regards to tournaments and scrimmages. I'm sure if enough people want to participate in them we could some how work that in, but for the time being i think as the community is still evolving the clans will mainly be our public face and a way for us to identify out selves and get the community out there for new members.

Back to top Go down
Gmrrulzzz
Hugs for All
Hugs for All

Gamers Point : 4921

"Official" games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Official" games?   "Official" games? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 11:24 pm

When I get my computer back I can set up a DDO guild
Back to top Go down
enzer
Clan Lieutenant
Clan Lieutenant
enzer

"Official" games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Official" games?   "Official" games? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 5:47 pm

bloodalien wrote:
the idea as far as i understand it is to have the clan or clans span all games(or those that we have people that play). I don't know how much of a conventional clan is intended in regards to tournaments and scrimmages. I'm sure if enough people want to participate in them we could some how work that in, but for the time being i think as the community is still evolving the clans will mainly be our public face and a way for us to identify out selves and get the community out there for new members.

I like the sound of that, guess it's really more of: "Who else plays this? Want to play?"; because there is no specialization and we welcome all.
Back to top Go down
bloodalien
Hugs
Hugs

Male Posts : 13
Gamers Point : 14902

"Official" games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Official" games?   "Official" games? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:03 pm

ya from experience with other clans having a set game list can be annoying if more than one person plays the game than play together. i do like the idea of multiple leaders tho cause that one leader may not know enough about the different games to do their job efficiently.
Back to top Go down
enzer
Clan Lieutenant
Clan Lieutenant
enzer

"Official" games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Official" games?   "Official" games? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:31 pm

bloodalien wrote:
ya from experience with other clans having a set game list can be annoying if more than one person plays the game than play together. i do like the idea of multiple leaders tho cause that one leader may not know enough about the different games to do their job efficiently.

It is a very interesting concept. Maybe one day we'll be able to make profiles with games in it. Have a list of games that people on the site play with an extra option to add another one. Then we could go to the game's page and see who has what with ease. For now maybe a simple Wiki will do it. Someone can make a page for a game they have, then everyone who owns it can sign their digital handle on it. Of course a brief tutorial will have to be shown so those who have never used a wiki before can easily sign it.
Back to top Go down
LAWPRE
Clan Corporal
Clan Corporal

Gamers Point : 4912

"Official" games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Official" games?   "Official" games? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 4:40 am

@ Gmrrulzzz - I am already on Khyber server - do you have any toons there?

I have DDO loaded on multiple comps and can set things up?

Also, NE1 on CO, or STO?
Back to top Go down
Demented Puppy
Clan Member
Clan Member
Demented Puppy

Male Posts : 344
Gamers Point : 5253

"Official" games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Official" games?   "Official" games? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 7:17 pm

Just bought DC univerce online, no handle yet for it, still isntalling but.. hehe
Back to top Go down
Master G
Admin
Admin
Master G

"Official" games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Official" games?   "Official" games? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:02 pm

LMAO we are certainly getting a good list of games going.
Back to top Go down
LAWPRE
Clan Corporal
Clan Corporal

Gamers Point : 4912

"Official" games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Official" games?   "Official" games? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 2:45 am

@ Demented Puppy - I should have DCUO no later than 5 Feb 2011. My handle will be LAWPRE and I will have 1 toon with that name (unless by some mischance someone else beats me to it!!!)
Back to top Go down
CakeWASALie
Clan Lieutenant
Clan Lieutenant

Gamers Point : 4920

"Official" games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Official" games?   "Official" games? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:55 am

Anyone in the clan have TF2? if you do i will be willing to give out some items to newbies Smile
Back to top Go down
Master G
Admin
Admin
Master G

"Official" games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Official" games?   "Official" games? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 12:03 pm

i do ^-^
Back to top Go down
Mynce
Little Hugs
Little Hugs
Mynce

Male Posts : 4
Gamers Point : 4850

"Official" games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Official" games?   "Official" games? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 5:36 am

Think Black Ops (360) is a possibility?
Back to top Go down
Master G
Admin
Admin
Master G

"Official" games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Official" games?   "Official" games? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 10:34 pm

We GOT RIFT ^-^ Huge group in there!
Back to top Go down
enzer
Clan Lieutenant
Clan Lieutenant
enzer

"Official" games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Official" games?   "Official" games? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:32 pm

I have TF2, but I rarely play it. It's fun yes, but no one on my list really plays it, so I usually end up playing L4D2 with them since most of my list is from L4D games.
Back to top Go down
Neko
Clan Member
Clan Member
Neko

Male Posts : 304
Gamers Point : 5194

"Official" games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Official" games?   "Official" games? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 7:59 pm

After Neko beta tests Rift and if he likes it then he may play many hours on it. I have run successful guilds in the past on WoW so i do know a few things.
Back to top Go down
Master G
Admin
Admin
Master G

"Official" games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Official" games?   "Official" games? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 1:44 pm

Working on a deal with a minecraft server to become our official Minecraft server for HGD.
Back to top Go down
enzer
Clan Lieutenant
Clan Lieutenant
enzer

"Official" games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Official" games?   "Official" games? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 3:11 pm

Master G wrote:
Working on a deal with a minecraft server to become our official Minecraft server for HGD.

Epic, I would totally go on there all the time. Will they let you run bukkit? If I remember correctly the newest server patch has whitelisting so I'm wondering if we'll be incorporating that or not. I'm not sure if whitelisting disables them from entering or just prevents them from modifying the world. There are some nice bukkit plugins though that allow for making chests private and such.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"Official" games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Official" games?   "Official" games? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Official" games?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next