Hug a Gamer
Hug a Gamer
Hug a Gamer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hug a Gamer

Official Hug a Gamer forum ^-^

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Magic: The Gathering ??

Go down 
+3
Daigo Sensei
Rollerstarter2
Gmrrulzzz
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gmrrulzzz
Hugs for All
Hugs for All

Gamers Point : 4921

Magic: The Gathering ?? Empty
PostSubject: Magic: The Gathering ??   Magic: The Gathering ?? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 6:35 pm

Anyone else LOVE mtg?

I play b/w control, lilliana vess FTW!!!

Post my deck later , gonna take a. Nap now, cya
Back to top Go down
Rollerstarter2
Clan Lieutenant
Clan Lieutenant

Male Posts : 47
Gamers Point : 4936

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering ??   Magic: The Gathering ?? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 8:12 pm

U/W control without Jace, the wallet rapist here. Beleren ftw! (not paying 255$ for 3 jaces, no way lol)
Back to top Go down
Daigo Sensei
Clan Member
Clan Member
Daigo Sensei

Male Posts : 46
Gamers Point : 4940

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering ??   Magic: The Gathering ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 2:20 am

Currently I'm rolling blue black infect control... The only walker I'm running in it is Jace, The Wallet Rapist... and that's only cause I was given one as a Christmas gift... I have wonderful friends... I'll be rolling Knights come February... Too many good ones coming in the new set and I need to kick ass with Knight Exemplar... on my Knight Exemplar playmat... ^_^

Anyone here play EDH (Or Commander as it has just been renamed)??? That's my big cup of tea... ^_^
Back to top Go down
Rollerstarter2
Clan Lieutenant
Clan Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering ??   Magic: The Gathering ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:12 am

Was the new set spoiled already?

On another, if any of you guys use magic workstation, feel free to msg me for a game.
Back to top Go down
enzer
Clan Lieutenant
Clan Lieutenant
enzer

Male Posts : 104
Gamers Point : 4988

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering ??   Magic: The Gathering ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:54 am

I never actually got into magic, but a while ago I saw a card I liked the quote on and wanted to make a deck out of it. I downloaded magic workstation and tried to make it into one, but all the Phyrexian cards tend to like to kill themselves lol. On top of that I don't really understand much about the cards or tactics or such, but I just really wanted to make a Phyrexian deck. So are there any resources online where MTG nooblets like I can learn a bit more? I don't think I'd want to spend too much on actual cards, but I like how magic workstation looks and works (albeit as I'm new to it, it is a bit confusing).
Back to top Go down
Rollerstarter2
Clan Lieutenant
Clan Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering ??   Magic: The Gathering ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:55 am

Add me on steam or play me on MWS and i'll help you out all you want.
Back to top Go down
Daigo Sensei
Clan Member
Clan Member
Daigo Sensei

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering ??   Magic: The Gathering ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:26 am

Only like 5 cards but 3 out of 5 of them are Knights and 2 of them are white and none of them are legendaries... so right now there's at least 4 rares and 4 mythics from this set I need and thankfully the mythic is the prerelease card and the rare is the buy a box promo... ^_^

http://mtgsalvation.com/mirrodin-besieged-spoiler.html

My bad... there's 7 of them spoiled... also, does anyone play MTGO??? I will be starting soon and it'd be awesome if we clanned up on there and drafted and whatnot... ^_^

Also, MWS is a great way to tweak around with all the cards ever so I see why you were overwhelmed... it's all good though, between all of us here, we can totally help out... I don't have MWS anymore but I'll probably be obtaining it again sometime soon... I wonder if there's a EDH function on there... ^_^

Also (Yeah... I seem to have a lot to say... ^_^ ), if you have an Xbox or a PS3, download the Duals of the Planeswalker Demo and run the tutorial... It's a good way to get the basics down... A real good rule of thumb is to not worry about non basic things till you run across them... listing what each and every ability does is almost pointless seeing that you'll barely run into half of them... but when you come across it, usually it'll be semi self explanatory or hopefully you'll be playing against someone who'll at least give you the gist of what it does... not necessarily help you but at least explain it to you... and if all else fails, feel free to hit me up with any inquiry you have... I'd be glad to help... ^_^
Back to top Go down
Rollerstarter2
Clan Lieutenant
Clan Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering ??   Magic: The Gathering ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 5:10 am

There is no EDH function per say, but you can make an EDH customized deck and games. So you can play it even though there are no functions of it.

I wish Pierce Strider wasn't so expensive, it would make for a GREAT replacement of wall of omens with a Venser on the field.
Back to top Go down
Daigo Sensei
Clan Member
Clan Member
Daigo Sensei

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering ??   Magic: The Gathering ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 5:30 am

Rollerstarter2 wrote:

I wish Pierce Strider wasn't so expensive, it would make for a GREAT replacement of wall of omens with a Venser on the field.

Are you running the constant silence combo with Venser??? It's a pretty solid combo... Mnemonic Wall returning Silence and then use Venser to bounce the wall... it's pretty hard to bet in standard once you get it going... then once you pop his ultimate, you LD them till they scoop... The only real way of beating it is being faster than it... your early game has to be pretty solid so you can get the engine running by turn 5 or 6 without fail... ^_^
Back to top Go down
Rollerstarter2
Clan Lieutenant
Clan Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering ??   Magic: The Gathering ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:12 pm

Yeah but no. Without big Jace, I don't have enough deck manipulation. It's a good combo not gonna deny that, but I think it has too much requirements.
Back to top Go down
enzer
Clan Lieutenant
Clan Lieutenant
enzer

Male Posts : 104
Gamers Point : 4988

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering ??   Magic: The Gathering ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 6:50 pm

Rollerstarter2 wrote:
Add me on steam or play me on MWS and i'll help you out all you want.

Awesome, thanks. I'll definitely add you to Steam, but learning to play will have to come a little bit later.
Back to top Go down
Gmrrulzzz
Hugs for All
Hugs for All

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering ??   Magic: The Gathering ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:24 pm

Well if ur playin casually get proxies of big jace, or ask for cash for next bday, do chores, I run black white control, tempered steel, and a in progress mono red koth deck ( red deck wins archetype Razz). Granted im 13 and this is all I can do to get cash... Soooo..
Back to top Go down
Rollerstarter2
Clan Lieutenant
Clan Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering ??   Magic: The Gathering ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:56 pm

I'm 25 so I work, but even with that money, there's no way i'm paying that for cards. Ever.
Back to top Go down
Gmrrulzzz
Hugs for All
Hugs for All

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering ??   Magic: The Gathering ?? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:28 pm

My deck:

Land:23
Black:12
White:11

Creatures:9
Necrotic Ooze:1
Carnifex demon:2
Kor cartographer:2
Sun Titan:2
Iona, Shield of Emeria:2

Spells:22
Doomblade:4
Hideous End:4
Arrest:4
Journey to nowhere:2
Day of Judgement:2
Rise From grave:2
Dispense Justice:2
Fulgent distraction:2

Planeswalkers:6
Sorin Markov:2
Elspeth Tirel:2
Lillianna Vess:2
Back to top Go down
Daigo Sensei
Clan Member
Clan Member
Daigo Sensei

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering ??   Magic: The Gathering ?? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 9:01 pm

Not a bad deck... ^_^
Back to top Go down
Rollerstarter2
Clan Lieutenant
Clan Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering ??   Magic: The Gathering ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 3:51 pm

While you do have a lot of removal.. I can easily spot a weakness there, early aggro.
Back to top Go down
Daigo Sensei
Clan Member
Clan Member
Daigo Sensei

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering ??   Magic: The Gathering ?? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:04 pm

Awesome story... I won a game of Magic yesterday on Xbox with -27 life... Go go Platinum Angel... ^_^
Back to top Go down
Rollerstarter2
Clan Lieutenant
Clan Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering ??   Magic: The Gathering ?? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:01 pm

lol that's dirty. You should get Magic Workstation so we can play Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mendozacheers
Little Hugs
Little Hugs
Mendozacheers

Male Posts : 4
Gamers Point : 4878

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering ??   Magic: The Gathering ?? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 6:10 pm

I got it, but haven't played much at all! It looks like a really great card game, I will definitely play it more!
Back to top Go down
http://www.eclypticstudios.com
Demented Puppy
Clan Member
Clan Member
Demented Puppy

Male Posts : 344
Gamers Point : 5253

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering ??   Magic: The Gathering ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 2:09 pm

you gusy talkign about magic the gatherine online? or jsut cards
Back to top Go down
Rollerstarter2
Clan Lieutenant
Clan Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering ??   Magic: The Gathering ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 2:40 pm

I'm talking about both. I play Magic Workstation if I have a worthwhile opponent and the physical cards every friday night that there is a tourny.
Back to top Go down
Demented Puppy
Clan Member
Clan Member
Demented Puppy

Male Posts : 344
Gamers Point : 5253

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering ??   Magic: The Gathering ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 2:41 pm

magic workstation? never heard of it, do tell.
Back to top Go down
Rollerstarter2
Clan Lieutenant
Clan Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering ??   Magic: The Gathering ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:55 pm

There's a link 3 or 4 posts above. It's a software that allows you to play M:TG online or playtest solo for free with unregistered version.
Back to top Go down
Daigo Sensei
Clan Member
Clan Member
Daigo Sensei

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering ??   Magic: The Gathering ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:21 pm

I will soon... ^_^
Back to top Go down
Daigo Sensei
Clan Member
Clan Member
Daigo Sensei

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering ??   Magic: The Gathering ?? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 11:37 am

Spoiler List for Besieged is almost complete (It will be by thursday or friday)... any hopefuls??? Besides new Tezz... ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering ??   Magic: The Gathering ?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Magic: The Gathering ??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hug a Gamer :: Off Topic :: Everything Else....-
Jump to: