Hug a Gamer
Hug a Gamer
Hug a Gamer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hug a Gamer

Official Hug a Gamer forum ^-^

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dream game

Go down 
+2
enzer
Demented Puppy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Demented Puppy
Clan Member
Clan Member
Demented Puppy

Male Posts : 344
Gamers Point : 5248

Dream game Empty
PostSubject: Dream game   Dream game I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 2:16 pm

You know, Ive been thinking. As horrible as that is. And i thought to myself, What would my ideal game have?
My own answer is a awsome storyline with many hourse of gameplay with alternate choices. Yeah i know theres games with that but not really all in one, and when im talking about HOURS of gameplay, like 100 hours or so in a single game! RPG style of course.

What about the rest of you? what would you want in your ideal game?
Back to top Go down
enzer
Clan Lieutenant
Clan Lieutenant
enzer

Male Posts : 104
Gamers Point : 4983

Dream game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream game   Dream game I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 4:55 pm

My dream game would totally be an FPS, but would have RPG elements abound.

-A long story line with several endings would be ideal, one where karmic choices actually make a noticeable impact on the game and every character has some sort of importance (unlike in Fallout3 where if you kill Moriarty everyone goes on like he's still alive).

-There would be many levels and stats to upgrade (I miss the RPGs where you had to put up dexterity, strength, etc by yourself, while some still do have it, it has become a trend to force people one way) and of course skills to master.

-Upgrades are a must. If I can't upgrade my weapon to shoot the way I want it to, then what am I to do (it would be cool to be able to switch out parts between guns, so have like a shotgun and replace the barrel with a pistol barrel, you loose a lot of accuracy and weight, but it could be just what you need).

-Multiplayer co-op would be nice. I liked how Borderlands did their PvP too: everyone agrees and can fight anywhere at any time, or you can fight in an arena with more people.

--Singleplayer should allow you to level up characters and such that you can play online in a different environment that is faction based.

--Players run and control every aspect of the factions and economy (with developer moderators for the economy so it isn't shot to hell). Factions should be able to purchase bots (with varying AI difficulties) with which they can order to defend or attack, as well as buy many kinds of buildings and vehicles.

--Players may work in faction factories, when this happens the automatic process stops (or at least on whatever part of the assembly line a player is on) and then the part is made by the player from there (minigame perhaps) and the end result will have varying quality depending on the outcome of the system put in place for them to produce the item, but will automatically have added bonus attributes regardless as it was made with love by a player (this is to make it so the factions are more likely to hire players for the bonus, at the cost of some money per item or something) on top of that there is a chance that the item created will be "overperfect" (receiving greater than the maximum amount of stats/attributes) or even duplicated (twice the product made) and in extremely rare cases, both!

-Game modification support (thanks for inadvertently reminding me). Which would go through a developer regulation kind of thing so there are no imbalances (though this would probably be hard to do).

I may have gone a little (ie a lot) overboard, but that about sums it up in a nutshell lol.

Last edited by enzer on Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dover
Clan Member
Clan Member

Male Posts : 35
Gamers Point : 4913

Dream game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream game   Dream game I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:10 pm

A game that I feel have alot of the things you mentioned is Mass Effect, a truly epic series of games, with kickass gameplay, a mod system for your weapons, RPG elements, FPS action and kickass replayability! Bioware knows how to make single palyer RPG:s last...
Back to top Go down
enzer
Clan Lieutenant
Clan Lieutenant
enzer

Male Posts : 104
Gamers Point : 4983

Dream game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream game   Dream game I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:26 pm

While I did enjoy Mass Effect it still felt like my decisions had little weight in the world. I did enjoy the weapon modification system of the first as well, but I would like something more expansive (also Deus Ex had a good weapon modification system too). In fact Mass Effect and Deus Ex are a lot alike in a few gameplay aspects, but I digress. Mass effect is indeed a good stepping stone to what I want, but I want so much more (I sound so greedy lol). Well it's a topic about dream games and dreams don't often come true, so I will have to settle for what I get (and there are plenty of good choices). I am also not one easily impressed by claims of replayability, but I'm again a bit greedy and when I replay something I want to be able to not see the same dialog show up on my second playthrough if I so choose (Another thing that will never happen lol). It makes me wonder why I play Left 4 Dead 2 and Killing Floor so much since that's basically all it is. Mindless killing perhaps is just much more fun with friends.
Back to top Go down
Dover
Clan Member
Clan Member

Male Posts : 35
Gamers Point : 4913

Dream game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream game   Dream game I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:33 pm

enzer wrote:
It makes me wonder why I play Left 4 Dead 2 and Killing Floor so much since that's basically all it is. Mindless killing perhaps is just much more fun with friends.

That is very true. Just to kill things endlessly with some good friends is almost unbeatable...
Back to top Go down
LAWPRE
Clan Corporal
Clan Corporal

Gamers Point : 4907

Dream game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream game   Dream game I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 8:49 pm

I know that both of this are a little simplistic but..

Fight Game - Capcom vs Marvel vs Mortal Combat (They had DC versus Mortal combat so WHY not everyone else!!)

FATE and Diablo series combined - less blood more plot WHO could complain.
Back to top Go down
Daigo Sensei
Clan Member
Clan Member
Daigo Sensei

Male Posts : 46
Gamers Point : 4935

Dream game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream game   Dream game I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 10:04 am

LAWPRE wrote:
I know that both of this are a little simplistic but..

Fight Game - Capcom vs Marvel vs Mortal Combat (They had DC versus Mortal combat so WHY not everyone else!!)

FATE and Diablo series combined - less blood more plot WHO could complain.

Not bad... Better Idea: Guilty Gear vs Melty Blood... ^_^
Back to top Go down
LAWPRE
Clan Corporal
Clan Corporal

Dream game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream game   Dream game I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 7:10 pm

errr... ummm.... Sensei I guess i HAVE spent too much time in RL I am not familair with either game!!! No

Either that or i HAVE gotten old and senile!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Daigo Sensei
Clan Member
Clan Member
Daigo Sensei

Dream game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream game   Dream game I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:31 am

LAWPRE wrote:
errr... ummm.... Sensei I guess i HAVE spent too much time in RL I am not familair with either game!!! No

Either that or i HAVE gotten old and senile!!! cheers

Guilty Gear is made by the folks that have done Blazblue... It's a pretty quick fighting game that has an interesting cast and an amazing soundtrack... The most recent version can be found on PSP and The Wii...

Melty Blood is a lesser known fighter that is based off the anime Tsukihime... I need to redownload the PC game sometime soon... it plays fast like the original Marvel vs Capcom and not as crazy yet still crazy (Aoko is crazy)... I'd highly suggest checking these 2 out as well as some other lesser known fighters such as...

Arcana Heart... The way this is played reminds me of Melty Blood cept instead of semi darker overtones we get an all female cast of magical girls and all sorts of crazy goodness... I really hope AH3 comes state side... ^_^

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melty_Blood
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guilty_Gear_(series)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcana_Heart

Get educated, pimpin.... ^_^
Back to top Go down
LAWPRE
Clan Corporal
Clan Corporal

Dream game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream game   Dream game I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 5:13 pm

Ahhhh.... THX!!! Very Happy

I definitely need more reasons to avoid studying and such!!! study
Back to top Go down
Demented Puppy
Clan Member
Clan Member
Demented Puppy

Male Posts : 344
Gamers Point : 5248

Dream game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream game   Dream game I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 5:16 pm

I didn't know them either, old and senile is my excuse Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daigo Sensei
Clan Member
Clan Member
Daigo Sensei

Dream game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream game   Dream game I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 8:08 pm

It's all good... The fighting game community is pretty vast... My personal favorite happens to be Street Fighter III:3rd Strike... I really can't wait till the online version comes out for 360/PS3... Please believe that I'll be calling the world out when this and MVC3 comes out... ^_^
Back to top Go down
Master G
Admin
Admin
Master G

Male Posts : 341
Gamers Point : 15260

Dream game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream game   Dream game I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:39 am

I actualy have a plan for a dream game but its long to explain so if anyone is ever interested in hearign it let me know Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.hugagamer.com
Sponsored content

Dream game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream game   Dream game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dream game
Page 1 of 1